Dr. Speirs has a general family practice, with areas of expertise in:
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as IBS, SIBO and food intolerance
- Depression and anxiety
- Hypothyroidism and other chronic endocrine disorders
- Auto-immune disease, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Women’s health, menopause and hormone imbalance
- Weight loss, blood sugar dysregulation, and heart disease
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- General wellness counseling and stress management
She sees patients of all ages and works on a broad range of conditions from simple acute conditions to cases of complex chronic disease.
Preventative wellness care:
- Screening physical exams for adults and children
- Female gynecologic exams
- Routine & specialty lab evaluation with a focus on a functional medicine lab approach
- Life-style counseling
Evaluation of complex or chronic illness:
- Extensive laboratory evaluation (e.g., hormone testing, thyroid and adrenal gland analysis, gastrointestinal health panels [stool testing], immune function testing, food intolerance or allergy testing, and nutrient analysis.
- Evaluations always include a complete medical history, physical examination, and an ongoing exploration of your health concerns to uncover the root causes of your discomfort or disease.
Dr. Speirs’ tool box is eclectic and includes many different modalities:
- Nutritional counseling and diet management
- Lifestyle counseling and stress management
- Botanical medicine
- Neutraceuticals (vitamins and supplements)
- Naturopathic body work
- Low-Level Laser Therapy for pain, injury and tissue healing
- Minor surgery
- Vaccinations: Dr Speirs encourages families to think critically about vaccination, taking into account both the benefits and potential risks of vaccination as well as your child’s individual risk profile. As much as possible she offers unbiased counseling around this family decision and an individualized vaccine support plan. This includes options for detoxification support for families choosing full, partial or delayed vaccination schedules, as well as homeoprophylaxis for families choosing not to vaccinate or to delay vaccination. Dr Speirs will help you find the approach that is right for your family.